FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
This position reports to the Global Applications Solutions Team in Houston, TX.
• Responsible for architecture configuration, successful implementations and operational oversight for enterprise-wide unified communications including instant messaging, voice communications, presence, voicemail and desktop video.
• This includes proactive management for risk mitigation, leading enterprise implementations for upgrades or new technology, architecture documentation, support escalation procedures and operational handoff to regional teams.
• Candidate will participate as an architectural specialist leading large and complex technical design and planning for enterprise-wide projects focused on authentication and communication technologies.
• Must possess mastery level expertise and technical knowledge with Cisco unified communications infrastructure products and converged technology based applications.
• The Enterprise Communications Architect will be required to supervise highly technical internal (FMC IT resources) and external (outsourcers / consultants) IT teams on global implementations.
• This position will participate in the Global IT Budget planning process for enterprise converged communication technologies other related services.
• This senior technical position is responsible for design and implementation oversight of global communication infrastructures critical to the Global IT strategy and roadmap.
• The Architect will work interact with the IT management and the Global Operations teams on many enterprise technology initiatives.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision and complete projects on schedule is a requirement for this position.
• This position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related technical experience. Minimum of 10 years of experience in general IT 5 years of global based operational experience with Cisco Unified Communications or Call Manager Infrastructure.
• Experience with Cisco Contact center and paging systems would be preferred as well.
• Experience with configuration and administration of enterprise infrastructure and expertise on all layers of networking. A current Cisco voice certification is preferred. An ITIL Foundational certification would also be preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position, as candidates will regularly interface with Senior IT, Business Management, and FMC resources around the globe.
• Requires a considerable level of analytical skills and attention to detail to analyze development requirements, participate in the assessment of development requests, and participate in resolving technical problems Requires a considerable level of communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management, document systems and processes, and interact with end-users and colleagues regarding technical issues.
• Requires knowledge of communication software applications as well as the presentational and project management skills needed for supporting enterprise solutions.
• Work requires self-starter able to quickly learn user environment and follow procedures and guidelines in making critical decisions.
• Requires demonstrated ability to recommend business process improvement methods.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Operation of a workstation.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.