FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
FMC Technologies is seeking a Mineral Flow Coordinator at our Houston, TX location.
• Develop, execute, and maintain process to receive and report quarterly. Coordinates, monitors, and schedules the flow of information to the Conflict Mineral Team from the supply base across all FMC divisions (Subsea, Surface, and Energy Infrastructure). Develop internal status reports. Has extensive communication with Category Managers across all FMC divisions to establish and maintain supplier lists. Interacts with web based resource to coordinate supplier surveys. Provide guidance to Categories along FMC’s conflict mineral sourcing policy.
• No direct reports. Serves as a resource to less experienced staff.
• Frequent internal and external contact to furnish and obtain information. Answers inquiries and responds to correspondence from inside and outside the company. Works with others to resolve problems. Expected to provide project guidance to those outside of the group. Shares opinions, ideas and resources with others to achieve common goals, foster teamwork and collaboration, and build trust.
• No budget responsibility at this level.
• Works under general supervision performing complex analysis and process development. Strong judgment and initiative to determine the approach of action to take is required. Interprets and applies relevant policies, procedures and federal requirements. Analyzes and interprets data independently. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative action. Participates in the planning process.
• Errors are detected by progress and results receive general versus detailed review. Probable errors are usually detected in succeeding operations.
• Executes established process to receive and report monthly supplier lists from Category Managers
• Coordinates communication with Category Managers, suppliers and web based resource
• Responsible for the successful execution of assigned tasks in close cooperation with the project team and global supply base
• Coordinates status reports for internal stakeholders
• Communicates with suppliers when deadlines are approached and breached
• Ensures timely communication of and compliance with the federal Conflict Mineral requirements
• Uses sound planning and good judgment to meet established goals
• Provides input and assistance to other functional areas including Quality, Service and Safety in order to improve processes and compliance
• Advanced degree in related field preferred, or equivalent years of experience
• At least four years of related experience including professional experience applying fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in Supply Chain field.
• Strong negotiation, planning and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills utilizing prevention skills
• Ability to make sound business decisions based on data analysis.
• Ability to work in a team-orientated environment.
• Proficient in relevant software applications including intermediate program functions in MS Office and other software.
• Ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously and able to work effectively with interruptions.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
FMC Operating Procedures, Departmental Procedures and Work Instructions. FMC Safety Training, FMC and Departmental Systems Training. Office and facility equipment training. Advanced software training. Training to keep abreast of new technology, industry trends and practices to improve efficiency.
May perform more advanced functions as part of training and development.
Good working conditions. Office environment. Occasional shop exposure may be necessary for short periods of time. Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change.
Frequent sitting and operating a computer.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.