FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
This position reports to our Manifold and Pipeline Systems Department in Houston, TX.
• Roughly 4 direct reports (regular employees and part-time students) and functions as a technical leader for continuous improvement initiatives related to engineering services and processes.
• Supervises the day to day activities of the project team. Interface with both internal and external customers. Exemplifies and promotes FMC Core Values.
• Takes direction from the Engineering Manager.
• Interfaces with other Company teams in technical, quality, production, scheduling, and regional management areas.
• The Supervisor will also take the lead in the preparation of performance reviews and addressing other personnel matters for the project team.
• Responsible for developing and retaining talent for the valve core product engineering team. This engineering team is responsible for design, development, and support of standard valve and actuator products, new and legacy, using the following key processes:
PDD’s, Recruiting / Retention, New product development, EEP, Product support, Product expansion, Product catalog maintenance (PRE), Design guideline support, Legacy product support (PRE)
• Consistently leads employees to understand business goals and creates energy and action toward those goals. Encourages and empowers others to achieve.
• Ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise for each group.
• Manages the budget for project teams reporting to this position. Optimizes effectiveness within specified budgets.
• Recruits and maintains engineering staff and technical support staff. Administers and reviews salary plan and staff performance appraisals.
• Finds creative solutions to multi-faceted and/or time sensitive, complex problems. Identifies and utilizes available technical resources throughout FMC and outside institutions.
• Consults with other departments on work processes, staffing requirements and questions. Anticipates potential problems and proactively solves complex problems through creative thinking, using internal and external resources.
• Teaches / coaches problem solving, creative thinking and project planning skills to less experienced staff. Assists with the development of new professionals.
• Identifies and recommends ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Writes departmental process procedures and policies as required.
• Writes and delivers technical papers for publication, both internal and external.
• Actively helps creates a zero defect environment.
• BS Degree in Engineering, with at least 4 years of experience in related technical areas, especially in subsea valves and manifold systems. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
• Understanding of the Company Design process, practices, and challenges, Technical Documentation process, and implementation challenges.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in manufacturing processes and the ability to specify and verify new processes when needed. Recognized as a technical leader among internal and external peers.
• Broad understanding of MPS Core Component's businesses and internal and external factors affecting business.
• Excellent organization, people, project planning and execution skills. Proven leadership ability.
• Demonstrates high proficiency in mentoring, thinking creatively, and project planning.
• Position holder can demonstrate a high degree of common sense and provide a credible track record of being resourceful.
• Forward-thinking and proactive.
• Training Requirements: Houston Operating Procedures, TCE and SAP Systems. Training in Leadership, Team Building, Coaching, Performance Management, Reliability Engineering, Organizational Development & Training, Lean / Value Stream Mapping.
Office environment. Possible exposure to hazards such as noise, heavy equipment, temperature extremes, chemicals, etc. while working in manufacturing areas and field service applications.
Spends 90% of time sitting and operating a computer or workstation or attending meetings. Spends 10% of time walking or in other light physical activity.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.